Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Recipe That's A-Peeling!

Day 19 of NaBloWriMo (National Blog Writing Month)...

Nothing says fall baking to me more than apple crisp. The recipe I use is one that my mother obtained from an acquaintance of hers many moons ago. I have tasted several different versions of the seasonal dessert, and none compare to this special recipe handed down over the ages!

This time of year, that sweet, heavenly aroma of baking apples warms me to my very soul. The apple-peeler-corer-slicer device I bought for the annual making of the dessert literally cuts the time in half that I once spent preparing the apples. It still actually takes longer to make the delightful dish than it does to devour it. A dollop of ice cream melting into the crevices of the butter and flour topping when it's straight out of the oven is nothing short of sinful, and demands that one serving is not enough.

I think the secret to this recipe is not only the perfectly packed topping but the kind of apples used. A tart apple enhances the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon flavors more than a sweet apple--and whatever you do, don't substitute margarine for butter!! But I've already said too much...this recipe is too good to just give away. For a copy of the recipe, please send a SASE along with a money order for $1,000 to Apple Crisp Better Than Your Mom Makes, 375 Moderate Lane, Nicely Browned Crust, USA.


Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter
Read My Blog
Connect With Me on Facebook

No comments: