Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Reading and Writing

Day 11, 12, & 13 of NaBloWriMo (National Blog Writing Month)...


Day 11...ummm, what happened to Day 11??

Day 12...easily distracted is no excuse!

Day 13...Need to get back on track...it does not matter what I write--just that I write.


I remember having to endure a psychic reading at a Renaissance Festival in 2003. I say endure because I myself would never have paid to have a stranger tell ME about ME...but my sister-in-law was springing for the "entertainment" so I played along.

Even the most skeptical of individuals can get caught up in a believable actress, so I listened with interest as the bewitching, scarf-wearing woman guessed...err, I mean sensed that I had suffered a loss in the past year. While I had lost a grandparent in 2003, my mind immediately focused on the loss of my ability to have more children after a complete hysterectomy had stripped that chance away.

The bejeweled, enchanter then felt that I was worried about something. Not wanting to admit that I was worried I might actually believe what she had to say, I conjured up the first "legitimate worry" that came to mind...my accident-prone son who would soon be turning 16 would be getting a driver's license, and that unnerved me to my very core. Without hesitation, she confidently predicted he would be fine.

Now totally sucked in to the moment, I asked if I ever would be published, and she so wisely replied, "Keep writing every day."


Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter
Read My Blog
Connect With Me on Facebook
Shop in My ArtFire Store

No comments: