Sunday, October 23, 2011

Daily Blogging is a Rewarding Challenge

Day 23 of NaBloWriMo (National Blog Writing Month)...

Prompt: We only have one week and one day to go in our blogging challenge! What have I learned from this experience? What are my greatest challenges? What are my successes?

The daily writing challenge is a great way to push me, and the daily exercise of writing sharpens my skills. I feel very defeated when I miss a day, but it is so rewarding when I do get the daily post made.

My schedule for the month of October has been so crazy with getting my daughter back and forth to play rehearsals and subsequently the eight performances (of which I enjoyed three). It was so amazing to see her excel in her passion of acting and singing and thoroughly enjoy herself. However, I'm feeling exhausted trying to stay on top of the rigorous schedule of not only getting her to the practices at the appointed times, but making sure homework, confirmation studies, band, and chorus requirements are all met as well as not disrupting (somewhat) healthy eating and sleeping routines. I find, like in most things in life, I would put off what I want to do (like my writing) until the last part of the day, and then I would feel too tired to write with the high standard of eloquence I place upon myself.

That being said, the challenge of writing everyday did motivate me to at least try to write something everyday. I do enjoy writing and getting my thoughts out of my head and in a place where I can read (and edit) them is definitely a success.



Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter
Read My Blog
Connect With Me on Facebook

No comments: