Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Shopping Showcase for May 31, 2011

I know...it's practically a Wednesday Shopping Showcase :) but, I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and blog. Hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day holiday weekend. Spending quality time with family and attending some graduation receptions were on my agenda for the weekend, so trying to get caught up today. My Tuesday Shopping Showcase blog where I feature three ArtFire Studios has become quite a hit--it's my own way of "pouncing" some great artisans!! So as not to disappoint, get ready to learn about some amazing artists...

Next on the calendar, of course, is Father's Day coming up Sunday, June 19. I've been browsing the ArtFire member's shops for some unique gifts for dad. What do you get the dad that has everything (or goes out and buys it for himself even if a birthday or holiday is approaching...you know the dads I'm talking about!!)?

Irwin of Mapleseed Gallery out of Ontario Canada makes some exquisite hand-turned functional and artistic woodcraft. Check out his designer pens, wine bottle stoppers, and pepper mills sure to please the man who's a father in your life who has everything already.

A mens necklace with white puka shell and amethyst would be a perfect summertime accessory for the new daddy this father's day. Handmade by CC Creations, a husband and wife studio that designs and creates affordable beaded jewelry and accessories, this is a gift item that won't break the bank.

For some unique, bold and practical gift ideas, the studio to go to is Aspie Craft. This artist out of Idaho who lets "Aspergian sensibilities mingle with cottage industry" offers cufflinks, pins, notebooks, and journals just to name a few items that will fit the bill for any Father's Day gift giving ideas.

I hope you have enjoyed this shopping showcase as much as I enjoy getting to know my fellow ArtFire community members through the writing of this blog. Now get out there and click on these links to get your gifts for Dad ordered in time to get them back before the 19th!!

Tune in again next Tuesday for more shopping insights, and don't forget that shopping on ArtFire is a breeze with most artists accepting PayPal.

Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter

Read My Blog

Connect With Me on Facebook

Shop in My ArtFire Store

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always look forward to your blog and the shopping ideas therein!