Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday Shopping Showcase for May 10, 2011

Welcome to another edition of Casual Day Designs Tuesday Shopping Showcase where I will motivate and tempt your shopping monster by featuring three ArtFire Studios.

"When you buy handmade you are supporting little people, instead of big manufacturers. You are showing appreciation for the work of individual artisans and the passion they have for their craft. It makes a huge statement about you and your values. Contributions like that help enrich our culture."

I love this quote by fellow ArtFire member, Angelique, aka "Drunkenmimes Ecclectic LadyLand," from Rosamond, CA. I have never before seen what she does by repurposing the plastic containers from store-bought bakery items!! Checking out her upcycled magic earrings is a must on your shopping trip today!!

Not only is browsing the shop windows in the wonderful world of ArtFire inspiring and supportive of handmade artistry, it is educational as well. The Polkadot Possum has original fiber art ACEO's! I have to admit, I did not know what an ACEO was before checking out this very talented artisan. So here is what I learned..."ACEO's or Art Cards, Editions and Originals are miniature works of art the size of a baseball or playing card. They can be framed or stored in an album. ACEO's can be created in any art medium. There are no rules limiting ACEOs except that the dimensions must be 2.5" x 3.5". ACEOs are a great way to collect original art at an affordable price." Check out these ACEO's for yourself as well as her other beautiful works of mixed media fiber art.

Just to make sure I'm still keeping you on your toes today, I must share one more item with my blog followers that is all the "Raige" before I get back to my own denim beading studio. Show of hands...errr, feet...how many know what a toekini is?? "They loop around the 'little piggy that stayed home,' and tie around your ankle above the heel bone." These soft barefoot sandals made by Rebecca out of North Carolina can be purchased through her Raige Creations Artfire Studio. I must have a pair for the summer...just trying to decide what color!!

I hope you have had as much fun reading my shopping showcase today as I had writing it!! Until we shop again...

Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter

Read My Blog

Connect With Me on Facebook

4 comments:

EcclecticLadyLand said...

Thank you so much for this feature! Interesting and informative post =D

Anonymous said...

Always look forward to your Tuesday shopping showcase blog....very creative!

Raige Creations said...

I am so glad to be a follower now! Thank you for the mention, and just let me know what Toekini you want! ;)
Great shopping showcase too. I will be looking forward to it each week.

Cindy H said...

Thanks for mentioning Polkadotpossum in your Tuesday Shopping Showcase! If you want to start collecting ACEOs (also know as Artist's Trading Cards) let me know!

Can't wait to see who you mention this week!