Monday, May 16, 2011

My Creation Monday - May 16, 2011





Northfield, Minnesota was my destination location last Saturday for a day of relaxing and rejuvenating. I met a friend I hadn't seen in nearly a year, and we had power shopping on our agenda in addition to catching up and lunch. We were looking forward to enjoying the river walk and leisurely strolling through historic downtown, but the rainy, 44 degree weather kept us inside most of the time. That definitely was not a bad thing, however, as the art galleries and specialty shops along Division Street inspired and delighted our creative side. There's something about the diversity and target market displays in a college community that is fresh and exciting!

Among our favorite shops was a bead store called Glass Garden Beads. We had just missed out on a Kumihimo class, but could've spent hours browsing the amazing selection of beads and findings and still not seen it all!! (For an example of Kumihimo, check out the designs of this fellow ArtFire member's studio, "I'm Worth It" Jewelry Design.)

My friend and I decided we are definitely making this bead shop a regular stop, and you know I didn't walk out of their empty handed!! I picked up some gorgeous stones in pink, lavender, and iridescent that I can visualize using with my latest idea for a necklace incorporating the Tsunami Kanzashi fabric flower technique I've been learning from a great how-to craft tutorial.

Also on tap for My Creation Monday today is getting a key fob finished up and strung and adding the clasp to my latest necklace which includes some of the yellow denim beads I made last week.

Lots to do today, so I need to finish up this blog so I can get busy!! Check out my Casual Day Designs ArtFire Studio for all my creations, and tune in tomorrow for my Tuesday Shopping Showcase!

Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter

Read My Blog

Connect With Me on Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get all art-fired up when I read your Monday blogs, for it is like going on the journey with you. Then I go check out your recomendations and am ready to shop!