Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Shopping Showcase for May 17, 2011

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the weather forecast actually has temperatures predicted in the mid 60's for the rest of the week!! I have been waiting so long for warmer temperatures--it just seems like we had an incredibly long winter this year!

With summer definitely on the horizon, I thought today's shopping showcase should clue you in on where to shop for some unique hot weather necessities. Earlier this week, I curated a collection of items using only artists from a guild I belong to called Christian Friends on ArtFire. I want to continue to promote this great group of artisans here by featuring three more shops that were not highlighted in this collection.




I don't know how our guildmaster, Melana, finds time to do any crafting with all the time she spends "tending to her flock" in our guild forums. She is an absolute inspiration and supports all of us with her prayers and encouragement. Be sure to check out her bio when you visit her studio, By Nanas Hands. Anyone going on vacation this summer will appreciate having an eReader cover made by Melana--perfect for the beach and poolside, and so many people are opting for eReaders on vacation in lieu of packing several books for the trip. The great thing about this cover is that it is not just a pouch, but a full-size cover that opens like a book.

Even though I prefer the hot and steamy season over the frigid, arctic cold of winter, that does make for excessive sweating sometimes and more frequent showering--I know...TMI!! However, Naked Soap has just what everyone needs for a refreshing cleansing--handmade soaps, sugar scrubs, and bath salts. All their products are made from scratch (never a base) in their smoke-free home, and 15% of all their profits are donated to charity!

After bathing and smelling like a cool tropical waterfall, you will want to grab your covered eReader and an iced beverage and head out to the patio to relax in the evening sun. But wait!!! You know that beverage glass is going to sweat!! So that brings me to my last item on the summer necessity shopping list--coasters!! Joy, from Texas, who is also a fellow guild member of Christian Friends on ArtFire, uses a hand stamping technique to create one-of-a-kind handmade tile coasters that you can find in her daytonmarie ArtFire studio. Joy began her hand stamping adventure during the preparation of her wedding to create her reception napkins and she continues this hobby as a way of sharing with others.

I hope you enjoyed today's shopping showcase for summer, and I welcome your comments and feedback. Until next time...what's in your wallet?

Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter

Read My Blog

Connect With Me on Facebook

4 comments:

Marie Anne said...

Thanks for featuring my soaps!

ByNanasHands said...

Wow, what a sweet surprise! Thank you so much for the wonderful "nod" today! You made my day! Thank you...

Anonymous said...

Such a delightful commentary! That's it! Can't wait to go check out your recommendations!

Joy said...

Thanks for mentioning my coasters! Such a treat! Thank you and God Bless.