Friday, May 20, 2011

The Birth of Blue Jeans | Levi Strauss & Co.



The Birth of Blue Jeans | Levi Strauss & Co.

Happy Birthday Blue Jeans!!!

I love wearing jeans, and I love creating jewelry with denim jean fabric!! My latest spring design reminds me of the beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips my loving hubby brought me the other day.

For this nature inspired necklace, I used scraps of yellow denim fabric to create the primary denim beads. After coating them to give the bead a sparkly sheen, I combined them with some Russian Jade beads and golden tone river shell beads to make this a stunning spring accessory. Color is huge for spring, and this piece will look great for lunch at the club or cocktails and dinner at the pier. This piece is so new, I'm blogging about it before even getting it added to my Casual Day Designs collection on ArtFire. Watch for it in the next few days and check out all my other jewelry as well.

I'm not the only one recycling denim...find out what Levi Strauss & Co. headquarters did with 25,500 pairs of jeans by clicking on the The Birth of Blue Jeans link above.

Have a great weekend!!

Copyright 2008-2011 Casual Day Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Follow me on Twitter

Read My Blog

Connect With Me on Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a stunning piece!